10 November 2010

The Need to Be Heard

I like it when people listen to me. Who doesn't? But I especially appreciate it when a person listens to my concerns, to my questions, to my heart. Everyone deserves that kind of an ear.

Yesterday, at the doctor's office, I felt so unimportant and invisible that the ramifications continue until now. I still feel slighted. Before I even sat down, I could feel the doctor rushing me, hurrying me to state the problem. He then spit out a solution before I was done explaining, punched a prescription into the computer, then started saying "bye bye" to Mika, which was a very obvious sign that my visit was over. It had lasted no more than 2 minutes.

Thanks a lot. Here's $30 for nothing.

But it did remind me that people are very important. No matter what my profession, I will always deal with people, and they should never be given the impression that they are wasting my time. God commands us to love our neighbors, to love others--even the least of these.

The need to be heard is real. Listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment