01 December 2011

Homebound Positivism

Today will mark the sixth day that the kids and I are quarantined to the house. First, Coby was sick. Then of course his big sister caught it from him. Today, they both have loaded coughs and runny noses, but Mika has a come-and-go fever as well.

It would be easy to become discouraged in such a situation. I have before! Our home only has so many square feet, so many alternate views, so many toys. And the kids' voices are extra loud when confined within these walls.

This is why I'm so thankful for the perspective change I got when talking to my friend. When hearing that Mika had caught the cold, she said to me, "Well, at least it must be nice for you to rest." An honestly, I hadn't thought of it until then. Yes, I have been given ample opportunities to be still, which I've needed as I face my own sickness. Especially in these colder temperatures, going "out" takes much more effort. From start to finish, getting the kids bundled and the bag packed takes at least 30 minutes.

So even though it requires more creativity and more patience, being home this week has been a blessing. I'm sure the kids are healing faster since they're spared the chill and winds outside, and I've been given a reason to sit still, remember God's timing and compassion, and enjoy these concentrated moments with my two little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment