There's an elderly Korean man who drives a four wheeler around our apartment complex. I've often wondered how far he goes or what he does. It's fun to see since it looks like he's enjoying himself, and he's got to be around 70.
Today, it was on the cargo tray of his quad that I spotted Mika's lost mitten. He'd parked it near our elevator with the mitten in clear sight, almost hanging out into the space I would walk through with the double stroller. Obviously, he'd meant me to see it and reclaim it. I can't be sure he knew it was Mika's (or just someone's on that side of the building), but I'll try to thank him when I see him next. There's little chance he speaks English, so I'll probably never find out how he found it when I'd searched passionately for that bright purple mitten just moments after realizing it was gone.
I'm amazed at God's gift, but more so at His love for me in the timing. Had I found it immediately, there would have been no contemplation of the difficulties in living overseas. I would have missed the overwhelming peace that came with my letting go of conveniences and luxuries. Overall, my heart is stronger because I mourned such out-of-reach commodities and let those desires and my self-pity die.
The Lord is my provider.
May my heart rest in His goodness,
grace, and omniscience.