We hit a lot of bumps on this broken road.
Lately, I've begun to rest in this belief:
No matter the question, the answer is the same.
What do I do with...
my problems with that person?
my self-esteem?
my anger issues?
this huge decision?
all these little responsibilities?
these new opportunities?
my extra time?
my busyness?
The answer is this: Draw close to God.
How can this answer everything?
When I am near to Him, I begin to resemble Him.
It's in His wisdom and in His spirit that I can make the best choices.
It's in the quiet, still times that I can hear Him speak to my heart.
Truthfully, I then realize it's not even an answer
to a specific problem that I seek
but rather a character change so I will be more like Christ in that area.
This is why people who are near to the Lord have such peace
and crave further depths of knowing Him and being known.
It's a surrender of self:
an uneven trade of uncertainty and anxiety
for a surefooted step and a calmness
that comes with walking with Someone
holy, just, faithful, wise, and good.