I've discovered that stress makes me sneeze.
I'm not joking. Whenever I get worked up, the congestion builds up, my eyes water, and the sneezing begins. I've picked up on the trend since it began...postpartum: right around 3 months ago. It struck again this morning as Mark and I began at 6:30 to organize and put away the contents of 8 check-in bags. (These are from our recent trip to Hawaii. We don't pack when we go to Hawaii because we have clothes and baby goods there already. So when we return, we jam-pack our baggage allowance with food and items we can't find in Korea.)
It wasn't long before I was doubling over with sneezing spells then throwing my head back to breathe and to catch burning tears back--all while letting out an unearthly growl.
But there is a positive spin to all this. The stress-induced sickness makes me slow down and take breaks. It can be annoying when I feel like getting everything done in a short amount of time, but without my new allergy to anxiety, you wouldn't have this blog entry either. So A-choo and Bless You.