Real and whole and all it seems?
Indeed known--but better poured:
Thoughts and plots and poems un-stored;
Echoing my soul's delight,
Resounding in etched black and white.
Recognition kills the art:
Ebbing beauty from its heart,
Arresting fame from a puerile ploy,
Leaving a name instead of joy.
Imbed beneath each writer's urge,
Zealous truth must somehow splurge--
Engulfing all and flowing o'er,
Deluging pages with something more.

{This post is part of 5-minute Friday--a writing collection each week based on a one-word prompt.}
Wowsers! A-mazing. What a gift you have. I hopped over to your book review page too and noticed your review of Madeleine L'Engle's book, which I too was so blessed by recently. It appears you've taken her advice and "listened to the work". Stunning. Visiting from www.mywordstudy.com via FMF. Blessings to you
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for these kind words! Blessings to you too.
DeleteI loved this one today. You are an amazing writer and your thoughts inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!
DeleteBeautiful! Truly a gift=0) I've always loved poems, but doesn't seem to understand how I am supposed to write them. This only makes me admire those who do even more, like you!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
-Ava Sophie
:) While there are some rules for structured poems, you could certainly write free verse with the only rule being "line breaks." It's freeing to let words come that express the heart. Do try it and don't be intimidated by the more rigid regulations of rhyme, verse, and meter!
DeleteThank you for reading and leaving such a kind comment!
Thank you for your encouraging, I will surely try it :0)
ReplyDelete