03 October 2014

To Be Known

To be known
to be loved and heard
to be shown a soul
that welcomes my own--
in a word--whole.

To be trusted
to be taken in
to be dusted of pride
and humbly adjusted--
shaken--to confide.

To be blessed
to be washed undeserved
of a messy mistake
and cleansed with rest--
to be served--to take.

To be known
is my heart's desire.
Alone, I yearn
and thrash and groan--
and reach higher--to learn. . .

that

am known
by My Maker
am owned by His blood.
And I kneel at His throne--
overtaken by love.


(This post is part of a conversation at Velvet Ashes.) 

1 comment:

  1. Malia, this is beautiful and I love the ways the rhythm of it carried me forward to the "'punch" line of being known by God! Thanks for joining in the conversation at Velvet Ashes!

    ReplyDelete