Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel JankovicMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
Written in a perfect form for busy moms, the book is made up of short, independent chapters. The stories have wisdom and wit, comedy and conviction.
These were the lessons I most needed:
1) Eliminate discouraging/self-pity phrases from my vocabulary, things like: "I feel overwhelmed."
2) A high-stress emotion is usually because of a number of small things. Tackle them one at a time and don't take out the tension on a disobedient or bothersome child.
3) Little girls need to be taught how to handle their emotions. It's not enough to tell them to ignore the emotions; they have to practice self-control and redirection.
The one question I'm left with is this: With 5 young children, how did she have the time to write it?
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment